Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tuesday

Good morning! How are you on this nice crisp morning? It's going to be good day, a beautiful day of cool sunshine. I'm ready for it to unfold. I told someone yesterday that my favorite part of the day is waking up. Coffee awaits me, and there is something about holding that hot cup with both hands that warms me to my soul.

Sorry about more Ben pictures, but he had the remainder of his senior pictures taken on Sunday. This was one of them. He is really turning into a good young man. I appreciate him so much.

Yesterday was a busy but good day. Lots of activity. I had another good run early yesterday. I think I may be getting out of the bad hammy business. I sure hope so. I really enjoy running and have missed going longer and faster.

Today I  need to spend some quiet time with Isaiah 6, which records Isaiah's call and commission. I am working on a sermon called The Transforming Vision. Isaiah 6 records Isaiah seeing a new reality in the presence of God, a new reality that sends him on a difficult mission.

Also today I head to Jasper. I will have lunch with a good friend from the past and then head over to the hospital to see a dear lady who is having a hip replaced this morning. It should be a nice drive today. I think Jasper is in the acceptable range for my nearly 256,000 mile Ranger. It looks so bad that I try to park where others who don't know what I drive don't see it. ha ha It's embarrassing when the police think it's an abandoned vehicle. Well, that really hasn't happened. Yet.

Wow, the Give Thanks 4 is bearing down. I always really enjoy the day. The time leading up to it is not easy but it is worth the payoff of seeing others enjoy it all. The extended forecast is interesting. I will just leave it at that.

OK, lots to do today! Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have info about Larry including a short writeup. See you At Thurs. swim.

THG