Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday


Good morning! Sorry about the picture. I saw it and laughed, which means most of you will think it's not funny. I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was good and fine. It's a busy season and some of that carried over into the weekend, which is fine.

On the endurance front, I was able to do a 5 mile run Saturday morning, which was good. It was the least amount of pain I've had on the run in a long time. I was very happy about that. After the morning run, I came home and cleaned out my gutters and worked on leaves for a while. It was cool, damp, and windy.

I had planned on riding Saturday, thinking it was going to be warm and windy and possibly sunny. As I was working in the yard, I was doubting the warm and sunny part, which was making me question why I was considering riding. I decided I would go anyway, working on my mental toughness, which is an essential in Ironman.

It wasn't long after I made my decision the temps warmed up and sun starting peeking out. I went to the Park and got ready to roll. The wind out of the south was strong and sustained. I knew heading out was going to be a grind, and it was. I also knew there would be a great payoff when it was time to head north, and it was. I wandered around to position myself for a straight shot back to the Park. It was tough getting there, but, boy, was it fun on those last few miles. I ended up with a little more than 30 miles and a really good day of activity.

I guess we all survived the storms yesterday. Our advances in weather technology are interesting but I wonder if we are not creating a "boy crying wolf" problem with all the hyping of storms that don't live up to their billing. Oh well.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: