Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Wednesday


I'm still not tired of this one - ha ha! How are you on this favorite day of camels? We rode by the camels last night on our ride. They seemed pretty pumped. I guess they were anticipating today?

Last night was a nice night for a ride. Scott, John, and I rode 21+ miles. James met us and rode out for a while. He was on call, so he stays close enough that he can respond in a very timely fashion. It was good to see him, even if it was for a little while.

The ride last night was friendly. No one was in a mood to push, so we just enjoyed the ride. Just for fun, here is two looks at my ride: Garmin Connect and Strava. I forgot to turn my Garmin on until we were almost a mile into the ride. It is certainly nothing to write home about, but it was a very pleasant evening.

It was so good to be back on the bike. I am going to have to figure out a way to get on it a little more before the weather turns too bad. One of my goals for the year was to ride outside in every month. All that's left is November and December. It should be doable.

Yesterday was a full and varied day. I really enjoy what I do and am often consciously thankful for all the different opportunities I have. I never get bored. I got to spend some time with a few folks that I don't see too often but always enjoy when I do.

Today I begin the day with early run, before an 8:30 meeting. The rest of the day will be filled with a little of that and some of this. Interruptions will play a key role as well. I will welcome them as ministry opportunities.

Today is Kedra's birthday. The kids and I all went together and bought her a very romantic gift! A dishwasher. We had been without for quite a while. She was actually pretty happy with the gift. She is just about to wrap up her student teaching and her second degree, which is a huge accomplishment. I am very proud of her. She has worked really hard for the last couple of years to make it all happen.

I hope you have a really enjoyable day! The weather should help you out.

No comments: