Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tuesday a.m.

Good morning! Did you know today is National Nut Day? How to celebrate? I think I'll just be myself today. They, whoever they are, say that you are what you eat, and I do eat a lot of nuts. Cashews are my favorite. By far. Brazil nuts are my least favorite. I knew you were dying to know this information. You're welcome.

OK, it's a little on the chilly side out there, and I guess it is going to stay this way for a little while. I think this is November's weather. It's all OK with me.

Last evening a confluence of factors lead to some frustration. I decided to drive to Bedford to run with my friends. I have not spent much time with them of late and needed some encouragement. As I took off, my truck decided to only run on some of its cylinders. I persevered, thinking the others would join in. They didn't. Is this the end?  As I was getting ready to run, Ben called to say the trainer thinks his ankle could be broken. As I was processing that, along with thinking about my truck, I had to abandon the run after 2 miles. Stupid hamstring. Black dots. (See post next to this one.)

I went home. The fact I made it was the first encouraging thing, and then I started thinking about Kedra, my beautiful wife, and then I continued counting my blessings. My hamstring will heal, and the truck can either be fixed or replaced, and hopefully Ben's ankle is not broken. It's all going to be OK. I will take Ben to the doctor today sometime. All opportunities to trust and grow.

I hope you have a great day!
What do you think?

No comments: