Thursday, October 31, 2013

Mid-week Check-in

 
 

Hey! I know you are just dying to hear from me, so I will accommodate your need and want! So how are you? Are you in costume this morning? I'm so scary I don't have to dress up. The weather looks a bit scary too. I hope it doesn't get too crazy out there today. I am getting ready to clean my gutters out at daybreak. Yes, I know, but, hey, it needs to be done before the heavy rains.

I had a great time at Lipscomb's Preaching Conference. I learned a lot and had lots and lots of thoughts stimulated. I got to see some old friends and made some new ones. There were a few meetings thrown in on top of everything else. I love Lipscomb and being there.

On Tuesday afternoon, we had some time free, so I took off for the Natchez Trace Trail. It was a nice, quiet afternoon with pleasant temps. I rode 35 miles of hills. Here is my Strava data: Ride on the Natchez Trace.

Another highlight of being in Nashville was time with Luke, Lydia, and Rebecca. I took them out to dinner on Monday night and then we enjoyed frozen yogurt on Tuesday night. It was so nice to see them. They all are doing well.

Ben went to the doctor yesterday. He tore his meniscus in the game Friday. He has to go to physical therapy to get it back to where it needs to be.

I am off to IronMan Florida this morning. There are 6 of us headed down to volunteer. It should be an interesting trip!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: