Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday

Good morning! Friday again and a cool one. It's going to be very cool at the football game tonight. This could be Ben's last football game. I'm trying not to think about that. It has been a long season, but I've enjoyed watching Ben play. He has played well. He is going to take several snaps again tonight and run the ball some. I have mixed emotions about that, because that is what got him hurt the other night. I enjoy watching him play defense more.

This has been a busy week, but it has all worked out, like usual. I should be able to finish up my work by noon today, and then I hope to get on my bike and ride 20 miles or so this afternoon. My running is really limited right now, due to Mr. Hamstring.

I got in the pool last night. That is the first swim in a long time. It took me a few laps but I was able to get back to where I was a few weeks ago. My  next swim will be in the Gulf of Mexico. More about that in a later post.

Lately, I guess because of lots of very real things involving life and death, I've been more aware of what I do, thinking through it.  Some time ago I saved this post which gets at it pretty well. It's important for all of us to have people to encourage us, whatever we do, and I am blessed with some good friends who do that for me. I am peacefully thankful.

This morning I read this and found it refreshingly helpful. Again.

2 Timothy 4:1-22

The Message (MSG)

1-2 I can’t impress this on you too strongly. God is looking over your shoulder. Christ himself is the Judge, with the final say on everyone, living and dead. He is about to break into the open with his rule, so proclaim the Message with intensity; keep on your watch. Challenge, warn, and urge your people. Don’t ever quit. Just keep it simple.
3-5 You’re going to find that there will be times when people will have no stomach for solid teaching, but will fill up on spiritual junk food—catchy opinions that tickle their fancy. They’ll turn their backs on truth and chase mirages. But you—keep your eye on what you’re doing; accept the hard times along with the good; keep the Message alive; do a thorough job as God’s servant.

No comments: