Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wednesday a.m.

Start of Jim-N-I run
Good morning! Thought I would check in this morning. I don't want to lose touch totally this summer. When does summer officially begin anyway? Hang on, I'll look it up... OK, here's what I found:

The solstice heralds the beginning of summer in the Northern Hemisphere. In 2013, the solstice falls on Friday, June 21 at 5:04 Universal time, which is 1:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time and 12:04 A.M. Central Daylight Time.

Now we know! I observed that it was not totally dark at 10 last night.

Last night was supposed to be Pace Line Tuesday. Yesterday was supposed to be a big endurance day for me, after 2 days of recovering from the Jim-N-I. Which I needed, by the way. I was going to slip into the Mitchell pool at 11 a.m. for a quick swim. That didn't happen, due to a few more important things. "OK, I will still ride and run." The plan was to ride 37+ and run 3 afterwards - Tuesday p.m. brick.

I arrived at church around 5:30 and watched the storms clouds close in. We had a fairly good group show up, and, for a change, we made a good group decision. We decided to eat instead of ride. The decision not to ride was a good one. It got pretty nasty with wind, rain, and, I think, some hail. We laughed it off at Wendy's and had a good time telling stories and talking trash and tris.

This week has been enjoyable thus far. It's been busy for a summer week. I've got another guy I'm trying to help, so he came by yesterday morning and did some good work around the church building. He's got quite a past, but it is fairly distant and I think he is really trying to get it all together.

For lunch I went to Loogootee and met Christopher W. We had a great time talking Honduras and technology. He is sharp in all ways and is helping me learn some helpful things. Our trip to Honduras is looking really good. I am excited about our plans and approach. July 7-17. Our team is now at 31, I think.

Today is filled with several interesting things. I have spent a lot of time with Naaman, the one of 2 Kings 5 fame. You could call him the Big Dipper, or not. Interesting guy. Interesting story. I hope to spend more time with him today.

I need to run. You can take that literally and figuratively. Either way, both ways, it means I am signing off for now. Thanks for coming by.

No comments: