Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Wednesday


Lunch in the Dump
 Good morning! Wow, aren't you loving this weather? I almost heard the first complaint of it being hot yesterday. It won't be long. How quickly we forget how miserably cold it was recently and we were longing for warm weather. Human nature.

Yesterday was a good one. Even with a computer handicap, which I still have, I got a lot done and felt good about the day. I was thinking, again, about how little I can talk about here, regarding what I do. I don't want to violate confidentiality. Not that there is a lot of top secret stuff to hide, but I don't think it is fair to reveal too much about anything which happens with me one on one.

I can and will say that I did some interesting reading regarding The Poor. I've read it all before, but I am still surprised a little by what the Bible has to say about them. Of course serving the poor is something that I vowed to do a long time ago. I've learned a fair bit about doing it and am still pretty ignorant about the best way. I do know the Bible says a lot about doing it. A lot. It can be very frustrating work, because a lot of times you do not see the results and responses that you would like to see. I bet that's kinda like God and us?

The food theme yesterday was salad and pizza. I had lunch with a good friend yesterday, and he asked where I wanted to go. I suggested Chicago's Pizza, thinking about a good salad and pizza buffet. As I was enjoying that, I remembered that my evening plans included a trip to Pizza Hut for a Honduras fund-raiser. Salad and pizza would the on the buffet again. Oh well, dirty job, and I was up for it.

I earned the buffets by burning a bunch of calories. I rode my bike to Bedford, taking a long way to collect 25 miles. Iron Bill met me in Mitchell for the quick part, Mitchell to Bedford. We averaged more than 20 mph, which is nothing for him but significant for me. Riding with him is helping me to improve. We got to Bedford in plenty of time for me to change into running clothes. We ran, and then Kedra picked my bike and me up. A quick little towel work and some new clothes and I was ready to eat.

Today is going to be another good one! Lots of activities and a few meetings. Here we go...

Oh, here's a piece by Terri Tindall about the Dump in Tegucigalpa. If you want to help with this, please let me know.

No comments: