Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday a.m.

Good morning! How are you this morning? The birds are singing this morning, so that makes for a nice start to the day. Soon there will be some daylight for us to start burning. I like the expression, "Let's go, we're burning daylight!" I don't know why really. I just do.

Yesterday was spent mostly in court. The local courts are not quite as dramatic as the ones on TV. There is a lot of tedium which can lead to boredom. The most noticeable thing yesterday was the lack of reliable witnesses. With the exception of the police officers and detectives, it was hard to fully believe the others.

The weather was nearly perfect for our Tuesday Night Pace Line adventure. We rolled out at a pretty slow pace. Some turned around a little early, so I was left with some really good and fast riders. I hung on pretty well for 7 miles before getting popped and then dropped on Lost River Hill, the place where many have experienced the same over the years. I was pleased with how I hung on that long. I am improving, I think.

Well, I need to go. I am going to back to court at 8, and need to get some running miles in first. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: