Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wednesday a.m.

Good morning! How are you on this lovely warm morning? I hope you are enjoying these nice mild days. I am! I think we could finally be done with the cold until fall. That works for me.

I'm running a little behind this morning, which is fine. I got to bed late, didn't sleep that great, and got up a few minutes late. I am waiting for my Honduran coffee to fully kick in. Almost there.

Yesterday was a good day. It was one of those "interruptions are my work" sort of day. There were lots of them, and they were all fine, good. I did not get as much study done as I had hoped, but Mephibosheth will still be there today. Hopefully we'll hang out some this morning? He is an interesting character.

Last night was Time Trial Tuesday, and the key word: WINDY. I have to admit that I was somewhat disappointed in my performance, but there is nothing to do but keep working at it. I averaged just a little over 20 mph, finishing last out of 8 (pretty good) riders. It's a benchmark and something to work from.

After we got back from the 37.5 mile ride, everyone but James, who is a pure cyclist of the non-snob sect (ha ha), donned our running shoes for a 3 mile run. That went pretty well. I was the only one who knew the course, so I felt compelled to stay out front with those who tend to go faster. Following the run, it was a late night (for me) trip to Wendy's for refueling and fun conversation that included a little truth occasionally.

What does today hold? Well, all kinds of things. Have to kill you...

No comments: