Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tuesday a.m.

Good morning! This picture is of another bridge in Guatemala. It's the same basic design as the bridge Typhoid Luke helped with last year. This one is shorter and they did the construction a little differently, using more substantial scaffolding. They also added a roof to this one. Lipscomb has a group of college students there for the construction. I know Luke wishes he could be there too.

My email is not working again and has not since yesterday morning. This always makes me a little nervous, wondering if I am missing something that I need to do, etc. I am not sure what is going on with it. Seems like we have had a lot of this in the last few weeks. I'm trying to connect with the web-based provider site, and it appears to be their problem. I will find out more today.

I saw somewhere that a reality show about L.A. pastors is in the works. I know there was a show recently about preachers' kids. This got me to thinking - I bet my life would be a fascinating reality show. NOT. ha ha. Perhaps it could be packaged as a sleep aid, just like my sermons.

Yesterday was a good day. I ran early, before the frost melted. Yes, I had frost on my roof yesterday morning. I wore my light winter gear and ran a good 7 miler while the sun was coming up. Then it was on to organization and meetings. Then I took a trip here, then there. I saw a couple of guys in the nursing home, stopped by the school to make sure they were running it right, and then to the Store. Saw my wife briefly at lunch to get my allowance for the week. Cut some wood with my dad after Ben got home from school. Went to his softball game and ended the day in the pool, learning to be humble yet again.  You know, I think this would be gripping TV.

Today is Tuesday. I'm going to study Mephibosheth today. He was crippled in both feet, you know. You didn't know that? Oh well, look it up. You are on the internet. It's easy. Tuesday also means a great bike ride, rolling out of the church parking lot at 5:45, returning a couple hours later with 37.5 miles, following by a 3 mile run. I think tonight is a time trial night, which means everyone takes off individually from the county, about a minute apart to see how fast we can cover 10 miles. We regroup and ride back home together. Wind may be an issue this evening.

OK, here we go!

No comments: