Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Tuesday a.m.


Good morning!  I like Tuesdays. A lot. Pace Line Tuesday begins this evening, which is my favorite kind of Tuesday. It's more fun than Tempo Tuesday. We ride out of our church parking lot at 5:45 this evening. I hope the rain holds off and the wind is not too strong.

Typhoid Luke is doing pretty well. He has a very mild case, I believe. The picture above is from Guatemala and is of the construction of a 2nd bridge. After the construction of "Luke's bridge" last year, they decided to build another one, but this time they decided to build scaffolding first. That is what is in the picture. A team from Lipscomb will build it soon.

Kedra got some good news yesterday. She is now finished with all her course work in her quest to become a licensed teacher. The only thing left is for her to do is student teach, and all that is already lined up and ready to go in the fall. Hopefully by this time next year she will be teaching math somewhere. She has worked really hard over the last couple of years to get this completed.

Yesterday was a pretty nice day. I had a meeting or two in the morning, after getting organized for the week. I then went to Bloomington to see someone in the hospital. I was scheduled to drive a bus right after school, taking the junior high track team to Brownstown. I literally was on the bus, pulling out, when the transportation director waved his arms at me. The trip was cancelled. I don't know why.

Since I was planning on running in Brownstown, I drover over there and ran. Just kidding. I went to the Park and found a few miles out there. It was very pleasant. Due to the cancelled trip, I was also able to swim at 8 p.m. I doubt I would have been back in time, if the trip had taken place. I had a good night in the pool.

Today has a lot of things in it for me to do. It ends of course on the bike, unless something unforeseen stops it. I will probably have a report for you tomorrow morning. I hope your day goes well!

No comments: