Thursday, May 09, 2013

Thursday a.m.

Hello Thursday! I hope you are well on this new day, another gift from God. What all can we do today? What all can we be today? I have to fight to strike the balance between being a human doing and a human being. We should do both, right? I learn toward the doing side. As a result, I find myself overextended a lot. I am in the midst of making some adjustments, most of which will not be noticeable to anyone but me.

Yesterday was a good day. We had a good Hoosier MAMA meeting, which included a great breakfast. This was perfect. I hit the road around 7 a.m. for 5 miles, which went well, which pleased me after Tuesday's ride. After the run and the clean-up, I had a little time to check and organize before the 8.30 meeting.

After the meeting I met with the mayor and another person for a while. It was a good meeting. I am plotting to take over the city. I think I am just about there, but please don't tell anyone.

The afternoon filled up with this followed by some of that. The next thing you know, it's time to drive that bus to Bedford. Remember? I was supposed to drive the junior high track team to Bedford and then come back. Literally as I was on my way to do this work, I got a call saying I, again, was not needed. This is the second time this week. Now I'm not paranoid or nothing, but I'm seeing a pattern here.

My real hope is that I will get this same kind of call tomorrow afternoon. This is my last scheduled trip for the season. I am scheduled to drive the high school track team to Perry Central for the PLAC meet, which will start tomorrow evening and finish sometime 2 days later. Well, it's not really that long, but it is long. A few years ago I drove to this event and we did not return until after midnight. I expect it will be the same this year, so I am hoping for that call again.

If the call does not come, then I will run several miles, read a couple of books, and of course watch a lot of the meet as well. I asked the transportation director if we could mount a bike rack on the bus. He said, "no."

OK, lots to do today. . . Thanks for coming by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Plotting to take over the city... hmmmm.


Pat A