Monday, May 06, 2013

Monday, Monday

Luke and Lydia
Good morning! How are you on this Monday? Looks like it is a little damp out there. So we have another new week, filled with all kinds of opportunities and challenges. It's time to start anew and see what we can do. Did you catch the rhyme? Hey, maybe it's going to be a great week? I hope some creativity returns. I've been having to "force" things lately, which is just a part of the cycle of creativity. It comes and it goes. Even when it's not present, I still have to do things. I guess that's some form of discipline. I used to really dislike the dry seasons, but now I am used to them and wait them out.

We went to Nashville on Friday morning. I got up early and got a good run in before we left at 8. I needed 13 on Fri/Sat to make 30 for the week. I didn't get started as early as I hoped, so I only got 5.5 miles in. We had a good trip to Nashville, arriving in time to get Rebecca out of the dorm before the move-out deadline. We filled our car with her stuff. Then we put more stuff in her car. She is going to spend about a month in Nashville doing a short course or two. She is staying with our good friends.

We got Rebecca situated and then met up with Luke. We went to the famous Loveless CafĂ© to eat. It was really good, and the evening was very pleasant. We returned to the Lavenders, where Rebecca is staying, for the night.

Saturday was graduation day, and it was rainy! I needed 7.5 miles, so I borrowed a Gore-Tex jacket and off I went. It was only 45 degrees in Nashville and raining. Crazy. I actually had a pretty good run, followed by a great breakfast, followed by graduation, followed by a trip home. We got home past bedtime, but we managed to make it through the night and through yesterday.

This week we begin our official Tuesday Night Pace Line rides. We are going to try rolling out from our church parking lot this year, instead of the Park. That makes for about a 37 mile ride, with 10 of them--from the Washington county line to Orleans--being either a pace line or a time trial. Either way, you work hard for 10 miles. After the ride, I think there will be a 3 mile run, followed by a trip to Wendy's.

I have lots going on this week, so I better get on it.

No comments: