Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Want to get well?



Henry Ford said this:

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

These words are often attributed to Albert Einstein:

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

In John 5, there is an interesting story about a guy who had been disabled for 38 years. Jesus took interest in this guy and learned his story.

Then Jesus asked a simple but powerful question.

"Do you want to get well?"

The man answered with excuses, very good ones, I might add, but still he answered with excuses.

Every time I read it, the story and the question always like to hang around in my mind.

"Do you want to get well?"

Sometimes I wonder about that. Do I really want to make the changes to make things better and different? It’s much easier to offer excuses, and some of them are quite good.

The key to change? Hearing the next words of Jesus:

"Get up!"

I wonder if any of you, like me, have some things that you really need to change.

Get up. Let’s go!

No comments: