Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tuesday a.m.


Good morning Tuesday! I hope you are doing well on this nice morning. Wasn't yesterday wonderful? I was able (mostly) to take yesterday afternoon off and was able to connect with 3 others for nice bike ride. Good company, warm sunshine, beautiful country -- it was a pleasant, renewing experience. I needed it and appreciated it greatly.

Yesterday was busy day, busier than I thought it would be. It had more than usual of the "interruptions that are my work" things going on, which is not a complaint. A lot of good things happened during the day. We were able to help a couple of people in significant ways, I think.

The hardest part of the day was yesterday evening. I stopped by the funeral home for a little while. Last Friday afternoon I got a call from a friend who had a friend who wanted me to come to a house where a baby had died. I went. There I met raw emotion. It seemed appropriate, as we stood outside for quite a while, that it was cold and windy.

Last night I went to see the baby and her family. Today I will be with them again, trying to find words to speak before this beautiful little girl, just 9 months old, is buried. I would appreciate your prayers. I think the death of children is just about the hardest thing. My belief that the child is in the presence of God is wonderful, true consolation, but I think that or anything else is difficult to hear for some who are only hearing a shout of "WHY?".

After the funeral home, I went to a church league softball game, which is always entertaining. From there I went to the pool for my "adventures in swimming" experience. I was pleased last night. I came into the pool pretty tired and emotionally exhausted. I ran early in the day, rode in the afternoon, and wanted to complete the triple with a swim. I was pleasantly surprised. Things went pretty well. I have just a few weeks before my first official triathlon.

Alrighty! Here we go...

No comments: