Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday a.m.

Big Ben & Little Al
Good morning! Here we go again, another new week is before us. They just keep coming, faster and faster, it seems. The older I get the more I feel the need to grab every hour of every day intentionally. I want to make the most of every opportunity, whether that involves rest or activity.

This last weekend was Mitchell's prom, so Ben got all dressed up, since he had a place to go. He absolutely loved all the attention and pictures. For the slow out there, that was sarcasm. I think he had a good time. His date's grandfather has a Porsche and offered it to them for the evening. Ben thought that was pretty cool, because it was! I hope to have a picture of that for you tomorrow.

I had a good weekend. I got some good rides and runs in. Saturday some of us did a double, a reverse brick. Instead of the usual order of riding and then running, we ran first. I ran 9 miles, which gave me 30 for the week, and then rode 30+, which gave me 115 for the week. I like those numbers. The weather was not the greatest for Saturday's ride, but Iron Bill and future Iron John (class of 14, with me, hopefully) made our way from The Lighthouse to The Huck's and back. It was cool and damp, but it was done and fun.

Kedra was up all night Saturday, chaperoning the after-prom, and Ben was up all night attending the prom and after prom. This meant Sunday afternoon was going to be quiet around my house. I was trying to decide between a nap and a ride. Iron Bill was on an 80 miler, so I had visions of finding him for a few miles. Forget the nap. See opening paragraph.

Lester surprised me by asking about my old bike, which I have offered to him several times but not for quite a while. I asked if he wanted to ride this afternoon (Sunday). He said yes, so we made arrangements to meet Bill in Livonia. Lester would get a few miles in, and I would ride home from there. I suggested Lester just ride on top of the pedals, instead of clipping in and falling over. He needs to experiment and learn at home.

We got to Livonia and watched Bill pull up as we unloaded our bikes. I was excited about Lester riding and about riding back with Bill. I quickly got everything on and was ready to put on my shoes, only to discover they were in my bedroom at home. Disappointment! I painfully rode 10 easy miles with Lester and Bill. My Speedplay pedals provide very little surface area. The good part was Lester getting out and started.

I have lots of things going on this week, so I best get going!

No comments: