Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday a.m.

One year ago
Good morning! Today is the Boston Marathon, and one of my former students, a great young man, Kyle Stansbury, is running it. I hope to track his run today. He is very, very good, earning bib number 255. His experience and mine compare only in that we both ran the same course. ha ha. Thinking of him this morning does bring back what was going on a year ago today. My report of last year's Boston Marathon.

Last year we joked that a wonderful weekend was ruined by a marathon that took place. The weather and the company was so nice. We had several from our running group participate. The weather was nice in all ways, except for distance running. Heat is my enemy for running. Oh well. Today the temps will move from the high 30s to the low 50s, which is just about perfect for marathons, in my opinion.

The Boston Marathon is back on my long term goal list. I hope to do Ironman Florida next year and then run Boston again in 2015. Of course that means I have to qualify, and I hope to do that in Huntsville in December. Well see... Gotta have goals. At least I do.

The weekend turned out pretty good in lots of ways. I got a fair amount of running and riding in. The riding was on the windy side for Saturday afternoon. Dan, Bill, and I got in 32+ miles. James F. joined us for part of them. It seemed like the wind was in our face no matter what direction we were going. Builds character, I suppose. Bill and I, along with several others, ran 10 miles earlier that morning, so adding 30 on the ride was a little bit of a challenge. It went well, though. I believe my fitness level is improving.

Here we are, standing on the edge of a new week. Lots of challenges/opportunities await us. I hope your week goes well, and I am hoping the same for me.

Thanks for coming by.

No comments: