Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Wednesday morning

Well, another snow day. Kedra is disappointed, because it now means they have to go to school on March 15, a Friday. That day was a day off or a snow make up day. Now we know which it is going to be. I was out last night for a meeting, and I knew that there was an excellent chance of no school today. March is a cruel month. It will make up for this with some nice 70 degree days before it's all over. I'm ready for those, although the snow is beautiful, in my opinion. You snow haters will never appreciate that! ha ha
 
I decided to change my routine this morning. I got up and stayed in front of the fire place this morning. It's nice and quiet - a good way and a good place to start the day. I'm tired of going to my 51 degree office. It does warm up fairly quickly, but. . . I called the chimney guy yesterday. They are still waiting on the insurance company. I've been without my main source of heat since February 8. Guess who is getting some attention from me this morning?
 
Yesterday I drove Kedra's Escape around. I took her to school and then picked her up. Someone asked if I had a new vehicle. I said, "No, I'm just practicing for what it's going to be like when my truck dies." I am wondering when death will arrive. It's leaking water and oil now. It has 251,000 miles, but I am hopeful it will keep rolling for a while longer. I will probably replace it when it dies, but we are wondering if we could get by with one vehicle. Probably not, but it's an interesting thought.
 
The extended forecast is saying that biking outside is in my future, hopefully Saturday afternoon. I've been thinking about it a lot. I am really going to strive to get stronger on the bike this season. My running is going well, so I will slip it into maintenance mode while focusing on the bike. I keep plugging away at the swim also.
 
OK, best keep moving...
 

No comments: