Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Tuesday Morning


Good morning! I woke up and saw this video about a deer hitting a guy riding his bike. It reminded me of an incident from years ago. It was encounter that I had with a deer while running trail 7 at Spring Mill Park.

I guess it was in the spring of the year, and love was in the air. I was running along trail 7 when suddenly 2-3 young female deer, presumably single, ran across my path. They looked to their left and spotted me. As often happens, due to my stunning good looks, they stopped in their tracks to behold my beauty.

As I often have to do, I said gently, "OK ladies, that's enough. You've seen enough to last you quite awhile, so it's best you move on now." With reluctance they lowered their heads, slowly removing their gaze from me, and walked away.

I resumed running. All a sudden, I had to stop again. In my path, not more than 15 feet from me, was a big buck. He was looking at me head on. He said nothing. He just lowered his head and very slowly raised his right front leg and like a man drawing a line in the sand, he forcefully drug his hoof across the path, like a bull ready to charge.

Not being much of a fighter, being true to my nature as a lover and peacemaker, I said, "Whoa! Wait just a minute pal. I'm not interested in your lady friends, and I'm not interested in a fight. It's true that the ladies love me, but you need to know I'm not interested in them."

He said nothing. He listened carefully, I believe. He again lowered his head and raised his right hoof. This time, however, he simply put his hoof to the ground. He did not make the aggressive move like before. From his lowered head, he raised his eyes and made contact with mine. With locked eyes, I tried to show him that I respected him but was not afraid.

After a few seconds of staring, he diverted his eyes. He said nothing, but his look said it all. It was a look I will never forget, for it was a look of honor and respect. I'm fairly confident he was saying to me, "Man, you are one handsome dude, and look at your body! If only I could be like you." Knowing that was not possible, he backed down.

He slowly raised his head, looked to his right. There he saw the young females watching this whole scene. They flashed their little white tails and ran away. Suddenly the buck remembered his purpose in life and began the chase.

I finished my run and remembered my purpose in life as well. I went to my truck, got my gun, and shot the buck. I then wrapped him on my shoulders, and to show him and the others who is boss, I rode him around on my bike, kinda like the picture.

Some of the above is true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ONE OF TWO THINGS is happening with this post...

1. It is so cold in your office this morning that you are having hallucinations...

2. You have an electric heater in your office this morning that is putting off a dangerous fume that is causing you to have hallucinations.

Pat A