Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thursday morning


Good mornig! It hasn't made it into the teens yet, still 20 degrees. Small victories. I think I just saw something that I am pretty sure will not happen. This is from the Weather Underground site for Sunday.

Overcast with snow, then a chance of snow and rain showers in the afternoon. High of 36F with a windchill as low as 21F. Breezy. Winds from the NNE at 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 80% with accumulations up to 8 in. possible.

They have done this the last couple of times, when it comes to storms. I think they are picking up one computer model and putting it out without thought or filtering. Oh, that sounds like some people I know. Me! ha ha Back to the weather, I really don't think it will snow 8 inches on Sunday. I know the models are still trying to decide how far south the snow line goes. Hey, I just wish I was going to be 80 or 70 or 60 or 50.

I ran as the sun was coming up yesterday morning, and it was cold, due to the wind. I was glad I ran early, because it did not warm up much and the winds increased. I like early morning running anyway, but I have not done much of it lately. As the weather warms, I will likely do a lot more of it.

Today is the day of preparation for Sunday. I try to write my sermon. I have been thinking about it all week, and my class last night discussed the text. We had a really good discussion. In addition to sermon prep, I need to produce my slide show, a life group discussion guide, a bulletin insert for note taking, and prepare for my Sunday morning class. There will be a few other things along the way.

I'm still thinking an outside bike ride could happen tomorrow. Mid 40s and light wind - that wouldn't be too bad for a 20 miler. I may go back and do the time trial course again, not hard, just for fun and familiarization. It has lots of hills and turns. It's good to know when to fold em and when to hold em, so to speak. Not sure where that came from.

Adios amigos.

No comments: