Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thursday a.m.


Good morning! Cold out there - 21 degrees. I gave up on my office. It's just too cold in the basement. It was 49 yesterday afternoon. I'm working in front of the fireplace. It's much warmer here. I hope my chimney is repaired next week. We've  been without it since February 8th. It's been a long haul.

Sure didn't sleep well last night, so it's going to be a long day. I hope my Honduran coffee will give me enough to get everything done today. Kedra and I are headed to Nashville this evening. I have a meeting at Lipscomb in the morning, so we are taking advantage of that to spend a little time with Luke and Rebecca this evening.

The timing is perfect. Luke turns 23 today, which is so hard to believe. I remember the day before he was born being in the 80s. He decided to keep Kedra in labor all night and was born around 8.30 in the morning. The next day, I think, it snowed. Such is March.

Both Luke and Rebecca are leaving for mission trips on Saturday, so it will be good to see them before they go. Luke is leading a team to a remote village in Guatemala, the place where he built his bridge last year. He is working on another one now. Rebecca is going to Cozumel, Mexico to work in an orphanage. She went last year and loved it. Her much improved Spanish, thanks to a semester in Costa Rica, will really help her and the team.

I've got a busy day ahead. I need to get everything ready for Sunday and prepare for my meeting at Lipscomb. Better get going...

No comments: