Monday, March 04, 2013

Monday

Good morning! It's cold out there! My office was a record low of 48 this morning. Hopefully this week I will have my main source of heating back. I'm going to make some calls this morning to see if can't get the squeaky wheel thing going. I have not had my main source of heat since Feb. 8. That's a long time, and February was unusually cool, if you recall. March is starting out that way. And what about this snow talk?
 
The computer models have had us all the way from 8 inches to no inches. Now some of the models are moving the storm back our way, so I'm seeing 1-3 inches in some places. I'll let you know about Thursday. What I like seeing is the extended forecast - highs in the 50s. That is going to feel so warm!
 
OK, the goofy picture. I'm almost embarrassed to report this next part, but I know if I don't, then a few will give me a hard time. The stars aligned perfectly on Saturday morning, and I actually won a little 10K race. I couldn't believe it either. I had a pretty good run, and others either didn't run or didn't run as hard as they could. OK, a win is a win. And a first for me. At 54 I will take it. I need to go back and revise my bucket list: win a road race. That way I can mark it off. I never thought of putting it there before... ha ha.
 
We had Luke home for the weekend. It was so good to see him and have him here. He is doing really well. His job is going well and is going to take him to Liberia in the near future. I would love to go with him. What's that? You are raising money for a one way ticket?
 
Wonder what this week holds? Only God knows. I just know that I will strive to live a little bit at a time and strive to be faithful in small chunks. I have lots of little things going on in an attempt to help several people.  I hope you have a great week.

No comments: