Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday morning


Good morning! I guess you survived the daylight saving time move? I actually slept so poorly Saturday night that it didn't matter. I guess that was a blessing in disguise. My busyness on Sunday allowed no nap, so I was ready to go to bed at my normal time last night, which was actually an hour early. Right? It didn't matter. I went to bed and fell asleep. I woke up at my usual time of 5, which is really 4. Right? ha ha. It's best not to overthink this thing. Just go to bed and get up. Right?

Wasn't it so nice to have warmer weather? Yes, it was. I took advantage of it. I took Friday afternoon off and went for a good ride. I got my bike back from the Bike Doctor Friday a.m., after dropping Kedra off at the people doctor. We had another appointment in Bedford, so by the time I could go riding, it was after 2, which meant the weather was in the mid 40s, sunny, and not too windy.

My plan was to ride from Orleans on our time trial/pace line course, just to get a benchmark early in the season. I rolled out from Orleans the 10 miles to the Washington county line. The plan was to work hard, but not too hard, coming back. The wind was out of the northeast, which is interesting. It helps and hurts, because the course is basically heading northwest. I was pleasantly surprised that I averaged 20.6 mph. Here are the details.

If you look at them and see the maximum speed was 29.3, then you know the north wind came into play. Usually heading down the hill into the Lost River bottom, we hit 30+ mph. The wind slowed me in that segment and coming out of Bromer, which is uphill. Overall, though, it was enjoyable and encouraging.

Saturday afternoon provided another opportunity to ride. Iron Bill and I did a 31 miler from Lighthouse bookstore to Huck's and back, via Amish country. It was a pleasant ride. There was considerable wind but not too bad.  I had no window of opportunity yesterday, but it would have been a nice day to ride. The rain held off and the temps were amazing.

We have a new week awaiting us. I have a lot going on and a lot to do. OH! I got part of my chimney check on Friday. Today will see some movement toward repair. I think it's likely still going to be next week before the actually work starts. My office warmed to 54 during the recent heat wave. See, there is good news in world! ha ha

No comments: