Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wednesday morning

Good morning! It's Wednesday and will be all day long, and it is the long day for me. Today will be different, however. I'm smoking meat today for an event on Saturday. Today was the best day I could find to do it, and even today presents a few challenges along the way. Thanks to modern communication means, I can take care of just about everything from here, out of my nice home office. It was a balmy 53 degrees this morning when I arrived.
 
If you are keeping up with my furnace saga, then you will recall that yesterday an engineer arrived to inspect my chimney, to basically make sure that everyone is being honest. He drove from Grand Rapids, Michigan to do the inspection. He was late, due to the winter storm he had to drive through. When he left my house, he was headed back to Michigan, back through the storm. It's a shame what a few cheating people do to all of us.
 
I liked the engineer. When he was walking across my basement and came to the section where my bikes and equipment are, he stopped suddenly, "Whoa! Wow, look at this!" He rides some back in Michigan. We talked about that for a little while. Then he went to work. Sure enough, everything was just like we said it was. Now we wait up to 10 days for his report. Then after that we will get scheduled for repair. We have not had our main source of heat since Feb. 8. Seems crazy to me.
 
Yesterday was a really good day. I had a couple of different things going on that were interesting to me and helpful to others, I think. I'd have to kill you.
 
Last night was Tempo Tuesday. I did OK, just a little slower than I had hoped, but it was about all I had. My tempo splits were 6:55, 6:57, and 6:53. That's a 6:55 average. I hope to move that down to 6:50 soon and then keep moving south by a few seconds.
 
OK, better tend to the meat thing and get prepped for study and a few other projects this good day.

No comments: