Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wednesday a.m.


Good morning! Here's a picture of Elmer, the preacher for the Guajire church, mixing concrete the Honduran way -- on the ground. He is mixing it for the floor of our banos (outhouse). Steve and Dan are in the background working on the front.

How are you on this Wednesday? Looks like a decent day ahead, not too cold, and it looks like the rain/snow is not going to be a very big deal. We are progressing through the winter rather quickly it seems. Have you noticed how much longer the days are now?

I noticed the length of the day last night. We finished our tempo run in the daylight for the first time. We usually do our 2 mile cool down in the dark or nearly dark; not last night. We had another good turnout for Tempo Tuesday. Several of the newbies are doing it, which is really neat to see. They are making dramatic improvements.

My tempo run went fairly well last night. I felt pretty good. It must be the altitude training in Honduras?? ha ha. Whatever. My goal last night was to run with John H., which I did for most of it. I ended up running 6:58, 6:57, and 6:49. That last split indicates that I need to go out a little harder next week. Yikes. That's going to hurt, but if I am going to break 20 minutes in the 5K, I'm going to have to hurt a lot.

Yesterday was a good day, and today will be the same, no matter what happens. Today is the long day, so I have to mentally prepare for that. I'm pretty sure I'm ready. My meetings yesterday generated more work, so the list grows a little. That's all good, because it is good stuff.

OK, I better get after it. I have meetings at 7, 8.30, and 10.30, followed by lots of other stuff. Thanks for coming by.

No comments: