Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday morning

Finally found a picture that describes me, my intellectual capacity, and my work! I'm talking about the bottom sign! You should travel through my mind sometime. Wow, it's an adventure. I was thinking about a related thing yesterday. Isn't a good thing that we don't have balloon captions above our heads that reveal our thoughts, you know, like in the cartoons? Can you imagine the trouble we would get ourselves into if people could see our unfiltered thoughts? ha ha Whew! Of course all my thoughts are pure, so I'm just talking about you.
 
Well, good morning Tuesday. How are you? This is the day that we take another step toward restoring the main source of heat in our house. We are getting by OK, but it has not been super fun. I've noticed that my office, in the basement, maintains a cave-like temperature of around 51 degrees. The one morning that it was really cold out, it dipped to 48. Ben's room is in the basement, so he has been sleeping in the upstairs guestroom for the last couple of weeks.
 
The step we take toward repair today is the arrival of an insurance-directed engineer to look at our chimney to see that it is, indeed, not usable. Then, I guess, the engineer will generate a report for the insurance company, and then, I suppose, the insurance company will finally give the repair guys some money and a "go-ahead" on the project. I think the repair guys work at least a week ahead, so I'm guess we are looking at another week+ before we are back to normal.  By then it could be really nice weather. I hope so.
 
It was a good day yesterday. Up at 4 and asleep at 10. In between those two times, a lot happened. I was able to get past my normal day to day "to do" list and knock out a couple of significant long term "to do" items. What were they? Hey, I would have to kill you if I told you. I'll just say it involves taking over the world.
 
I ended my activities last night in the pool. I did 900 yards. It was so hard to leave my Lazy Boy chair and a warm fire in the fireplace. I kissed Kedra good-bye and muttered, "I want to be an Ironman." It only happens one training event at a time. She told me to hang on. She returned with an iron and said, "Get busy ironman." Some of the above is true.
 
Tempo Tuesday tonight! Those words create a weird mixture of dread and excitement. I dread them, but once the run is over, I feel so good. It's that crazy discipline thing again, isn't it? Reminds me of this (in Hebrews 12:11):
 
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

No comments: