Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday a.m.


Good morning! I'll confess to you that I'm not much in mindset to write right now, so I don't know what's going to end up on this page. It's funny how desire and creativity come and go. I live in a world where creativity is crucial and yet it cannot be forced. I think most preachers will tell you that having to stand up once a week and say something of substance is something that rarely leaves his mind. That's not a complaint. It's just challenging at times.

Yesterday I took the day off. Kinda. I studied some about the Day of Atonement and contacted a few people via electronic media but basically tried not to do too much. Some people had the day off yesterday, due to Presidents' Day, so a few of us gathered yesterday morning to run 5 miles. It was a little quicker, which was nice.

As the run ended, Bill and I talked a little bit about riding. I joked that I was going to have Kedra take me to Paoli and that I would ride home with a strong tailwind. Well, that little comment led to one thing and then another. The next thing you know, Bill and I are at Huck's in Orleans unloading our bikes out of his car. We rode about 22 miles to his house. It was a quick ride (for me anyway), except for the few westward portions. Wow, it was windy!

After a few hours at home, the 8 o'clock hour drew nigh. Fighting the urge to stay in the Lazy Boy chair, I got up and made my way to the pool. 800 yards from a tired body -- I'll take it. I love seeing the triple in the log book.

Today, it's more Day of Atonement stuff, plus a graveside service. There will be lots of other things happen as well. As I've said before, most of what I do I cannot talk about. Not that I would have to kill you or anything like that. ha ha. Oh well. Off I go...

No comments: