Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday a.m.


Good morning! How are you on this Tuesday? Looks like a pretty nice day awaits us. Be grateful.

The picture above is from Guajire, the little village that we are working with in Honduras. This lady is mentally challenged but functions at a pretty high level. She is making tortillas, using her adobe cook stove. They constantly feed wood through an opening in the bottom and then use the top as the cooking surface. This one was made on the spot, but they have commercially made ones that are used in schools and other places.

My shovel was pretty busy yesterday, digging out of stuff that accumulated while I was gone. A little more digging today and I should be back to dealing with the normal stuff. It's all good. I really miss being in Honduras and am really looking forward to this summer's trip, July 7-17. We have a great list of ideas that we compiled at the end of last summer's trip, and now I will add a few things that we generated during this recent trip.

Yesterday was a good day, filled with people and things and activities. None of it super exciting I suppose, but it's all good life stuff. It's not possible for me to write about a lot of things I do, because I don't want to violate confidentiality. That's why I end up writing a lot about my endurance life. Plus several of my endurance friends come to visit here.

Speaking of that, I got a good solid 5 miler in yesterday, along with 750 yards in the pool. I'm making progress with the swim, but I still get frustrated with it at times. I'll just keep plugging away. I know it's going to get better.

Today I have a meeting, a trip to a hospital, a lunch with a friend, and I need to study quite a bit. Tonight is Tempo Tuesday, which is going to hurt, but it will produce good results.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: