Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday a.m.



 
Good morning! How are you on this Monday morning? Me? Well, I'm missing those 60 degree mornings in Honduras, although we are not far away from it this morning here. These pictures are from Guajire. This family was using their ox cart to travel up the dusty, rough road.
 
Our trip to Honduras was really good. Scott, Lester, and I got back to Mitchell around 1:30 Sunday morning, and I got in bed a little after 2. That made for a short night before getting up yesterday morning and preaching. I think it went ok. I thought I would take a nap yesterday afternoon, but I didn't. I got somewhat unpacked and began the process of reorientation and organization.
 
Steve and Dan returned from Honduras last night (at least they were supposed to). They went back out to Guajire on Saturday and worked on a few projects.
 
I have a lot going on this week, including 2 once a month meetings. I just need to work steady and keep plugging away at everything. Hopefully by the end of the week, I will be back to the usual routine.
 
I ran pretty well in Honduras. I got 30 miles in, all before breakfast. I found a few new routes around the village of Ojojana. There are hills everywhere. I guess that makes sense, since we are in the mountains. The air, when not polluted with dust from the roads, is so clean and a tad on the thin side, since we were around 5000 feet above sea level.
 
OK, I'm not sure what all this day holds, but here I go...
 
Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: