Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday a.m.

Lester with our Honduran cooks: Ana, Lizeth, and baby Marco
Good morning, it's Friday! The lightly threatened weather appears to be not much of a threat at all. That's fine. I'm not too excited about the 20 degree temps for tonight, especially for running long in the morning, but it's what we'll get. Not much to do about it but receive the day as a gift and be thankful.

Yesterday was a very nice day. I had visions of getting out on my bike, but they never materialized. I just couldn't find or make the time. I did get a 5 mile run in and 800 yards in the pool late last night. Today I hope to spend some time on the bike trainer and get a short run in. Tomorrow morning has a 10 miler on the schedule.

Tonight Kedra and I will do our Valentine's date. This is what she opted for. We can stay out really late tonight, you know like 9 or something, and not have to worry about the usual early morning in the morning. We are just wild and crazy.

Yesterday I spent some time with a man who is very close to death. It's holy ground and a weird place to stand in lots of ways. He was alone when I saw him, which made me slightly sad. I really don't know a whole lot about the situation.

OK, I still have lots and lots to do before Sunday, so I better get after it. See you Monday, Lord willing.

No comments: