Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday a.m.

Good morning! I hope you had a good weekend. Went fast didn't it? My weekend included a trip to Lipscomb. Actually it just involved a long day on Friday and a little bit into Saturday. In other words, I drove down on Friday morning and got home at 1 a.m. Saturday. I debated about spending the night but decided I wanted to be at home for Saturday.
 
When I woke up Friday, I was a little concerned about getting to TN. My concern was justified/confirmed by the number of wrecks and stories circulating about slick roads, especially in Kentucky. I decided to give it a go and took off. I got 3 miles from home and had to wait 10 minutes for a wreck to get cleaned up. After that, much to my surprise, I really had no other problems. In Kentucky there were signs that things had been bad, but by the time I arrived the air temp had warmed enough to melt the ice on the road.
 
I spent 5-6 hours in meetings at Lipscomb. It left me excited and energized. There are some great things in the works, and I'm glad to be a small part of it. I plan to go back down in a month or so to talk some more about some things.
 
Part of the reason I returned Friday night/Saturday morning was so I could run with the group. It made for a short night, but I had a decent 10 miler. The weather was cold but not too cold. I had 29 miles for the week, but missed Thursday's planned run. This week I will try to get 30 miles in before Saturday.  I leave home about 4:30 Saturday morning to fly to Honduras. I hope to get some good miles in there at altitude. In Honduras, I get up and run a few miles before breakfast. It gets light at 6 a.m. Where we stay will be 60 at night and around 80 in the daytime. I know, it's a sacrifice...
 
This week will see me getting ready for Honduras. There will be lots of other things going on as well. I have a few things going on that I hope to get wrapped up before the week is over. I also hope to get in the pool tonight and Friday night.
 
I hope you have a great week! Thanks for coming by.

No comments: