Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday a.m.

Good morning! Are you doing well on this new day and new work week? I hope so. I wonder what this week holds? Yesterday we defined a wise person as one who understands that all of life is connected and lives like it. What I do today will influence what happens tomorrow, etc. So on this Monday I have an awareness that the things I do today will in some way or another impact what happens the rest of this week and beyond.
 
I had a good weekend. The mild weather was nice, and I took advantage of it. I got a nice 20 mile ride in Friday afternoon, fully utilizing the last couple of hours of daylight. John H and James F were my riding partners. It was a nice pleasant ride over to Orleans and back via Amish country. On that route you have to watch for the "exhaust" from the Amish horses.
 
Saturday morning was group run time. There were 27 runners in the starting group on Saturday morning. That's a lot. The group quickly broke into smaller groups going varying distances and speeds. The group I was with did 10 miles. It was a good run.
 
After the run a few of us went to breakfast at McDonald's. Their oatmeal was only $1, and I took my own water. It's hard to beat having breakfast with friends for only $1. After I got home I got organized for a solo bike ride. It was little warmer for Saturday's ride, but the roads were really wet. I was feeling my 10 mile run, so I only did around 15 miles on bike. Hey, to get 35 miles outside in January is pretty good!
 
This week is going to be quite challenging in lots of ways, especially in the area of endurance athletics. One of my friend's father died, so I need to drive sports buses for him tonight and tomorrow night. This is going to eliminate my scheduled swim for this evening, and eliminate my participation in the group tempo run tomorrow night. My long run on Saturday is going to have to be moved, due to a meeting. Life is always full of change and challenge, isn't it?
 
I have a lot going on, as usual, so I guess I better get started on it. Thanks for coming by.

No comments: