Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thursday a.m.

Good morning Thursday! It’s going to be a great day, isn’t it? I’m writing this offline, because we have no internet access presently. I’m hoping it will be restored soon, but in the meantime I’ll keep plugging away at things. It’s a bit disturbing how dependent I am upon the internet, and I don’t think I’m nearly as dependent as some. Oh well, life keeps moving on and moving us along. We adapt and adjust as we go, striving to keep a good attitude.
 
 
I woke up around 3 this morning and really struggled to stay in bed. I did but I’m not sure I slept much. I reasoned that it was better to just rest in bed, even if not asleep, than to face the day I have planned, which won’t end until 9 p.m. I have a couple of unusual activities today that have specific times tied to them, so there will be little opportunity for a power nap.

Because I did not preach last week, I have a really good start on my sermon. The problem is that I think I want to change it. My class last night was really good and thought provoking. I need to figure out a way to capture some of the thoughts that flew around the room. 

Honduras is starting to be at the front of my mind. I leave a week from Saturday. There are five of us going. Steve and Dan are flying out of Indy, while Scott and I are departing from Louisville. We’ll all meet up in Miami and be on the same flight to Tegucigalpa, I think. It’s easier for us to all book our flights separately. Lester will fly out on the Monday after we leave. He has to work Saturday and Sunday.

Lester, Scott and I will return on the following Saturday, while Steve and Dan come back on Sunday. Confused? It’s not as bad as it sounds! I’m flying out of Louisville so I can fly back with Lester. (He booked first.) Scott is flying out of Louisville so he can ride back from the airport with me. Somehow I don’t think that helped clarify anything – ha ha. Oh well, we will get a lot of good work done and have a wonderful time with each other.

Wow, I just looked out my office window. I have an outside light, and guess what that light is shining on this morning? A big fat skunk! He is eating the left-overs and spill-overs from my bird feeders. I think I will be very careful not to disturb him. That reminds me of a story.

I had heard that a family had a really bad skunk experience. The skunk sprayed them as they were getting out of their car. One day, several days after the spray, one of the family members approached me. The smell of skunk was strong. I could smell him coming. As he got closer, I said, "I heard you had a skunk experience!" He quickly said, with a sense of appropriate pride, "Yeah, it was bad, but we finally got rid of all the smell!" I was thinking, "not really," but I did not have the heart to tell them that he stank.

I better get busy. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: