Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday a.m.

Lipscomb University

Good morning! It's Friday again. Another weekend awaits, and it will be a short one for me. I'm headed to Nashville today to spend time at Lipscomb University. Specifically, I am on the advisory board for the Hazelip School of Theology. We will have meetings all afternoon and evening and maybe in the morning. I'm looking forward to it. There are lots of exciting things going on in the field of theological training.

Yesterday proved to be a little different than usual and different from what I had planned. I almost am ready for Sunday. I didn't quite get there due to holy interruptions and other things. I spent some really interesting time with some interesting people. I can't really write about it because it would violate confidentiality. It was a good day.

Due to the length of some of the things I did yesterday, I did not run or ride or swim. A day of rest is not a bad thing at all, but ask anyone who trains like I do and you'll likely find that we do not delight in or enjoy the rest that much. We would rather do something. I was really hoping for at least the swim, but the pool was occupied last night by others.

I get to see two of my beloved children today! I will arrive in Nashville early enough to connect with Luke and Rebecca for lunch. They worked out a schedule and a meeting place, so I just show up as a loving funding source, I mean loving father. ha ha. I can't wait to see them!

Well, I better get things finished up for Sunday and get ready to head south after while. I hope you have a good weekend! Thanks for coming by.

No comments: