Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday a.m.

Well good morning! Are you up and at 'em? I must confess for a long time I misunderstood that expression. I thought people were saying, "Are you up and Adam?" The logical reply was, "No, I'm Allen." Of course, in a sense, we are all Adam, i.e. sinful people, but I don't think this is a conversation that we should have right now. It's Friday. For me that means a lot of work to do, because I didn't get it all done yesterday.
 
Yesterday was a good one, fairly busy, one with those "interruptions are my work" situations. But that's all good. Someone will stay warm next week when the cold comes, thanks to someone interrupting. There were other things of lesser importance along the way as well.
 
I drove a bus to Salem last night for a junior high basketball game in Salem. I wandered around the school and found a spot in the cafeteria to work. There was a very nice custodian there who was hospitable. He seemed like such a pleasant man. I witnessed several people interacting with him as I was working on my sermon. He was simple but respected and loved.
 
Rebecca came in last night! It is so good to have her home for a very short visit. She returns to Nashville tomorrow afternoon. She came in for one of her friend's grandfather's funeral today. I'm going to the funeral with her.
 
I need 8.5 miles to get my 30 for the week. I'm thinking I get those late afternoon with a Tim? I'm "planning on it." The weather sounds decent, maybe a little breezy. I am low on swim time and bike time, so I need to figure that out a little better.
 
OK, I hope your Friday goes really well! Have a good weekend.

No comments: