Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wednesday a.m.

Good morning! How are you today? You say you are not sure yet? OK, just give it a little more time. I feel pretty good this morning. I've sleep really well the last 2-3 nights, which is such a nice thing. I'm trying not to be the usual, "you don't appreciate a good thing until you don't have it" person. I usually am, but I'm trying to appreciate a good night's sleep.
 
Yesterday was a good day. I did a fair amount of reading. I told you sometime ago about writing a chapter in a book in honor of Charles Siburt. I did my final edit of that yesterday after receiving back an edited version. It will go through 2-3 more edits on their end, if I understand it right. The plan is to have it published and available for a ceremony during the Christian Scholars Conference in June. Few of you knew Charles, but he was an amazing man.
 
I had a pretty strong suspicion that this would get edited out of my chapter, and it did, due to the nature of the book:
 
I will miss his deep voice and the important words that he said to me (and to many others, I am confident), "I’m proud of you!" That voice and those words, I hope, are a hint of the voice of God that we all hope to hear at the end of our journey.

Charles was quite a man, and he forever changed my life. I am thankful.

Today I have a meeting in the thriving metropolis of Bryantsville. I'm on the board of the Bryantsville Hunger Relief Project. It has been quite a while since we met, so I think this will be a long meeting. We had a disastrous year, as far as our crop is concerned, so we will have very little, if any, corn to ship. The drought was especially hard on the kind of corn we grow, corn designed for human consumption.

Following this meeting, I will head to Bloomington to see some people. Then back to Mitchell for a thing or two. All this will be followed by my class at 7. Yes, it looks like a full day.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day goes well.

No comments: