Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Wednesday a.m.

Pat A & Me in front of the Store
Good morning Wednesday! It's considerably cooler this morning but still not too bad. I will dress differently for me early morning run though. I need to get 5 miles in this morning before driving a bus to Indy.

The trip to Indy went well yesterday. The bus was full of 3rd graders. That seems like a nice age. They were well-behaved. There were 4-5 teachers/aides on board, so I know that helps. It was funny, at least to me, that occasionally I would hear a teacher yell a child's name. It was always the same name. There's always (at least) one child...

I love it when we get into Indy and the little boys see Lucus Oil Stadium. They get so excited, and I take them right in front of it. Another funny thing happened when we passed WFYI radio station. One little girl said to another, misreading the sign, "WIFI, WIFI, that's where they make WIFI; that's where it comes from!" She did, said, misread the same thing on the way back.

On the return trip, I take them around the circle. I mean all the way around it. It's all decorated for Christmas. Then we exit the circle to the west and drive up to the Capitol building and then around it before heading back home. Many of the children have never seen it. Hey, what can I say, I'm a full service bus driver.

While everyone was enjoying the children's museum, I was camped out in a secure spot with my computer. I was able to get a fair amount of work done yesterday, and I when I return today, I hope to get even more. I know where I need to go and should be able to settle more quickly.

OK, I gotta keep moving here... Thanks for coming by.

No comments: