Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tuesday a.m.

Rebecca comes home tonight!
Good morning! How are you? Me? Pretty excited that my little girl comes home today. She's been in Costa Rica for 15 weeks, which is hard to believe. The time flew by. She lands in Indy around 10.30 tonight. It's going to be hard to concentrate today.

Did you notice that it was a bit cooler yesterday? Wow, that cold wind got my attention. Ben and I helped my dad load some cattle yesterday morning, and that was not too bad. We were in the barn, out of the wind. Loading cattle is always interesting. Yesterday a cow stepped on my foot, which is a little sore this morning. Then we had an old, old cow get down and could not get up. She blocked the chute for quite a while. I'll spare you the details, but she never made it on the trailer.

After the cattle loading, it was off to seeing people and doing things. I'm really happy about one project. There is a guy who lives in an old, little trailer, and I found out a few weeks ago that his furnace does not work. As I talked to him and others, I found out that he has been heating his home for the last 2 years with his oven and an electric heater. Long story short: he is getting a new furnace on Wednesday.

I got to run with Tim S yesterday afternoon, which was cool. Literally. It was good to have a running partner on a day like yesterday. I could not make the 5.15 run, due to a MHS faculty party at Spring Mill. That party was very nice. The food was good and free, which is the best combination.

OK, today it is a matter of trying to concentrate to get some things done. Tomorrow I'm taking mostly off, although we are loading a semi with baled clothes in the afternoon.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure why... But this comes to mind... I've fallen and I can't get up!

Pat A