Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thursday a.m.

Charles Siburt
Good morning! It’s raining really hard here right now, so I have lost internet service. We have the internet via satellite. When it rains hard we lose service, but it usually is not out too long. We lose TV for the same reason, which is not good during storms. We can, however, switch over to an old antennae and get some coverage out of Louisville. Oh, here is a picture of Charles. He was an amazing man.

Yesterday we had a board meeting for BHRP. We have an unusual year ahead of us. We have no corn to ship, due to the drought. The little yield that we had, developed a mold problem, so it is not safe to eat. We decided that we would continue working with our partners who deliver our corn to the developing world and the ones who live there and distribute it. We will send money for them to buy food locally. We will accomplish our goal, which is feeding some of the hungriest people in the world, in a different way. I like it.

After that longish meeting, I made my way to Bloomington to see someone in the hospital. Then, around lunch time, I decided to take advantage of the nice day and the nice trail system that Bloomington has to run 7 miles. Following that, I had a nice lunch with Pat A. Then it was back to Mitchell to finish up the afternoon. We had a nice family meal and then a good class at church. The day was topped off with some popcorn.

Today I hope to find a dryish window into which to run. Wish me luck. The radar does not look too promising. I hope I can find something early this morning, since the conditions will deteriorate all day long. I have several others things on the list today as well: meetings, visits, reading. All good.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: