Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday a.m.

Roy's new ride - a Kestrel!
Good morning! Monday! I guess some think this will be the last Monday? Fine with me. I guess this week will be filled with all kinds of jokes for some and all kinds of anxiety for others.  Whatever. I think I'll just keep doing what I do and not worry about much of anything.

How was your weekend? I had a pretty good one for me. Most people would not be too excited about it, but, hey, I liked it. Friday I finished up my work for the week by midday. I had lunch with a new friend, and then it was off to the Park to prepare for a bike ride. I was a little surprised that the Park was charging an entrance fee. I fumbled around and found my pass.

It was sunny and not too cool for Friday's afternoon ride. I rode a little more than 15 miles and really enjoyed it. After the ride I came home and didn't really do too much but read, I think. Saturday's activities started with a 12 mile run. I ran 2 and then joined the group of 10 mile runners. It was a nice steady run. We got a little wet but not too bad.

Following the run, some of us had a nice relaxed breakfast, which was really good. I knew no one was at my house, so I took my time. Kedra and some girls went to Indy to see the Nutcracker, and Ben was filming a girl's basketball game. I came home and took the trash off and then focused on this book about Bonhoeffer. I am really enjoying it. It is north of 500 pages. I don't usually like books that long. I get tired of them but not this one. I'm 400 pages in and am still turning the pages as fast as I can.

Sunday started in the usual way, and then after lunch, Bill, Roy, and I rode. The weather was not quite what was promised, but it was warm enough. We had a pleasant, easy 21 mile ride, which was a trip to Orleans and back, via Amish country. Roy has a new bike, and it is pretty sweet. Speaking of sweets, man, I am going to remove them from my consumption in January. In the meantime, I am eating enough to last the whole year. Oink, oink. Out of control!

OK, here we go!

No comments: