Friday, December 21, 2012

Friday a.m.

Well, well, well, the little snow surprise called school off. That's a little unfortunate, since final exams were to take place today. Oh well, this happened 2-3 years ago. It will make for a nice day at home, and Luke is here already! It was not quite a Folger's Christmas commercial--you know, where the boy sneaks in on Christmas morning as the snow gently falls and brews coffee while his parents are sleeping--but he did surprise us. I picked Kedra up for lunch yesterday, and when we arrived at our destination, Luke was there waiting for us. Very nice surprise.
 
This "snow day" just enhances and hastens the most unproductive week of the year, the one between Christmas and New Years. I like it. It's a time to slow down, relax, and have some fun. Looks like we get to start just a tad early this year.
 
This weather is going to make running a bit more challenging. And I'm wondering if there will be an organized run today? I might participate if I hear about one, but I might take the day off. I have options at this point. I do think I am getting a cold, but I can train through it. I will probably run 10 miles tomorrow. It will be a cold run. Hey, I did not intend that pun, but I like it.
 
Here's the scoreboard on the rather meaningless goal of reaching 1500 running miles this year:
 
Miles run so far:1456.34
Needed to reach 1500: 43.66
Days left to run: 10
Need to ave. per day: 4.366 (that was an easy calculation, wasn't it?)
 
OK, I am going to try knock out some things before everybody gets up. We should have a nice day of catching up with each other.
 
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: