Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wednesday a.m.

Good morning! It's Give Thanks 4 eve! Oh yeah, it's also the day before Thanksgiving. I guess you can tell where my mind is today. And was yesterday. It's all good, and everything is coming together nicely. I really enjoy doing this kind of thing. We have about 30 volunteers in place, ready to make it all happen. We had 130+ runners last year, and I expect we will be around that number again. The weather is looking perfect for running, which will attract more "day of" registrants.
 
Yesterday was a good day any way your measure it. I ended my day in Springs Valley. I drove the boys basketball team down, and then I drove the girls team back. The other driver keeps the books, so we worked out this plan that allowed him to do that without time constraints. I liked it because I walked in when the girls had just started and left when the boys ended. It was a fairly late night. I got home around 10.30. The girls got a great win, and the boys came from 20 points down but fell just short.
 
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I will be directing the road race in the morning, eating lunch at my sister's, and then traveling to Alabama for an evening meal with Kedra's family. We will return on Sunday. I am really, really looking forward to the next few day! Lots of running, eating, reading, and resting! Thankful, I am. I am thankful for you coming by to read this stuff I write everyday.

No comments: