Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Wednesday a.m.

I don't know why. I just thought it was kinda funny, and I'm sure some of you are in the depths of depression over the election. Take a deep breath and smile. We're still alive. I often use this line to gain perspective in situations that are less than desirable. Nobody's hurt and nobody's dead. I figure the sun will come up, here in about an hour or so. My wife and children are alive and love me (inexplicable at times). God is in control, and that's what really matters. "It is well with my soul." There's work to do, so keep moving on.
 
Last night I went for my first run after the Monumental Marathon. It was easy and fine, and it was fun because I was running with good friends. I will confess this about my marathon. I don't like what I did really. I didn't run it hard enough. I've recovered too quickly, and it was too easy. I'm not going to be too hard on myself, however, because I knew what I was doing. In retrospect, I think if you are going to run that distance (26.2 miles), you should probably really make it mean something. I know what I'm thinking about Ironman, but. . . The good thing is that I have a desire to run and run hard again.
 
After the run and a quick bite to eat, we went to watch the Mitchell high school girl's basketball game. My nephew, Matt Sowders, is the new varsity coach, and we have several girls from church on the team. Man, it was a rough game! One girl is now living with a concussion. I don't I could have survived it physically. The officials really let it get out of control. Mitchell got the win, and it was certainly entertaining.
 
Yesterday was a beautiful day, and I got a lot done. Today? Lots of opportunities. I think I will get started now. Thanks for dropping by. Remember, it's all going to be OK.

No comments: