Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Tuesday a.m.



Lester progressing through the art museum
Good morning Tuesday! Is today election day? (ha ha) I'm running ahead of schedule this morning so Kedra and I can go vote and then eat breakfast before she goes off to school. I think there will be a heavy turnout today. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. I can easily get sucked into all the political concerns and worries, but in the end I temper it will Paul's corrective to the proud citizens of Philippi. They were proud of their Roman ties. Paul reminded them, "Our citizenship is in Heaven." Regardless of what happens today, that fact remains. I have friends who are Rs and friends who are Ds. I'll still be friends with them tomorrow.
 
Tonight I am going to resume running. Some of us are gathering at Parkview at 5.15 to get going again. I hope we have several so we can swap marathon stories. Jim will be there, back from New York. They cancelled the New York City marathon after everyone arrived to run it. So Jim decided to volunteer. He, his wife, friend Steve and his wife, served people for 2-3 days. I look forward to hearing more about it.
 
For fear of leaving people out, I won't mention names, but there were a bunch of people from Lawrence county and from our running group that ran Monumental races on Saturday. I think everyone did really well. The weather, even with a little rain and sleet mixed in, provided good running conditions.
 
Yesterday allowed me to get a good jump on this busy week. Part of the busyness is Saturday. The ReGeneration Store is moving up to our gym for a Christmas decoration sale. Our Honduras team is going to sell food. I am going to smoke a case of pork shoulders, which is a lot. I am going to have considerable time wrapped up in the purchase, preparation, and the serving of it. But I am really looking forward to it.
 
The Give Thanks 4 run is the other thing that has my attention this week. It had my attention in the middle of the night recently. I think it's all under control, but I still think about it a lot. There are a lot of things to do, but I have good help. We are having a new T-shirt design this year. I think everyone is really going to like it. 
 
Alrighty then... time to get going.

No comments: