Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thursday a.m.

Good morning! I'm glad to be posting from my home office this morning. I'm in the process of getting a new roof, and the guy told me that when they deal with satellite internet, like mine, they usually "almost never" get it put back to where it works right. I guess I am the rare exception, for which I am very thankful. I called him last night to tell him. They tore off the back yesterday and replaced it with new shingles. Today the front half gets taken care of.
 
See my big Ben? Yesterday he got the letter jacket he earned. He's already back in the weight room, hoping to gain 25 pounds before August. It's hard for most of us to imagine wanting to gain weight. Youth.
 
Yesterday was long, but I made it through without any major blunders. Well, at least no one has told me about any. I wish I could tell you about all the exciting things that happened yesterday, but if I did I'd have to kill you. Oh, I think I got that last statement mixed up with this one: If I told you, you would be bored to death. Either way, death is involved.
 
Last night in class we talked about contentment. Tis the season to not be content! All the advertisements we will see, hear, and receive in the mail are designed to make us dissatisfied, not content, with what we have. At issue is whether a relationship with God is enough. Philippians 4:11-13 are so instructive.
 
The Give Thanks 4 is only 1 week from today! Yikes. I have lots to do, but I think it's all stuff that needs to be done next week. This is our 3rd time, so there is tension in my mind between confidence, complacency, experience, and forgetfulness. The weather is looking really nice for the run.
 
Today is going to be a little unusual for a Thursday, but it's all going to be good. Thanks for coming by.

No comments: