Thursday, November 01, 2012

Thursday a.m.



Good morning! Well, as you can see, I went to the costume run last night. It was fun and gave us all an opportunity to laugh by being goofy (more than usual). My favorite two costumes were Jimmy as a doping Lance Armstrong and Ryan as a Mormon. Little Rowan, cute as can be, was Peter Pan. He likes to get out of the baby jogger at the end our runs, while we walk to cool down, and run a little himself. He's precious.

Last night was the last run before Monumental. I have 2 days to get my head and my heart focused on a marathon. The weather is going to be good for it. Most of the run will be around 40 degrees, cooler at the start and warmer at the finish.

Today I take one of the best guys I know to Louisville. Pat is involved in an experimental drug program to help stop the deterioration of his lungs. He'll get a treatment, and while he does, they will poke and prod him like a guinea pig. I look forward to spending time with him and supporting him today.

Rebecca will be home 6 weeks from yesterday. I corresponded with her yesterday, via Facebook messages, a couple of times. She is doing really well. I also had another correspondence with Central America yesterday. Marc Tindall called and chatted for a little while. It was Wednesday, which is the day he feeds people at the Tegucigalpa dump. I mentioned that, and he told me he was just arriving. It was neat to imagine being there. I told him I could almost smell it. We are planning a trip in February if anyone wants to go.

Speaking of going, I need to get going...

No comments: