Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday a.m.

Well, hello, and good morning! It's the short week, and one of my favorite weeks of the year. Thanksgiving is great! What's not to like? Food, family, football, gluttonous naps, and, well, the list just goes on and on. We are going to Alabama this year, so that changes things somewhat. The main thing it changes is my schedule for the week. I won't be preaching next week. That changes just about everything during the week for me. I'm looking forward to the break, and it could not have come at a better time.
 
I woke up last night thinking about the Give Thanks 4. Wow, there is a lot to do! Intentionally, I waited until today to to do a lot of it. I have a bunch of people to contact and see and lots of things to line up. I need to see the Mayor, the Chief of Police, contact the ambulance, get some more door prizes, contact all volunteers and a bunch of other things. I'm thankful I have lots and lots of good help. Darrin takes care of the T-shirts and trophies, and Warren is taking care of all our food. Our preregistrations are down a little this year, but I'm guessing the forecaster's perfect weather will result in a lot of race day registrations.
 
Wasn't the weather wonderful over the weekend? Wow! Friday night I ran with a group in Bedford. We ran Friday night because we helped with the donut run on Saturday morning at BNL. Several braves souls ate a dozen donuts and ran a 5K. After the run, I went home and got a bunch of yard work done. It was very enjoyable.
 
Yesterday was a good, busy day, centered around church activities. Rebecca skyped in during the afternoon. It was so good to see her. She is interning at a kindergarten outside of San Jose. She likes her new host family and is loving the work. When we spoke to her yesterday, she had not spoken English to anyone for nearly a week. All of her fellow students are also out doing their internships. Rebecca will be home 3 weeks from Tuesday. I knew 15 weeks would fly by, and they have.
 
OK, I'm going to make the commitment to reaching 1500 running miles this year. I figured it out. I have to average 32 miles a week to do it. Quite manageable, I think. I'm glad to have some kind of goal to keep me focused and moving. I will probably try get more than 32 this week, banking some for the days ahead when running will be more difficult, due to weather, etc. I hope to get off to a good start this week by doing 7-8 this evening. I will do a few before connecting with the group at 5:15.
 
Here we go...

No comments: