Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday


Good morning! It's a lot warmer out there this morning than I expected. Mild is fine, if it's not going to snow. Yesterday was another beautiful sunny day, wasn't it?

I had a long day yesterday. I got up at 5, like usual, and didn't shut down until around 7 p.m. There wasn't much down time in between the 2 times. I had to leave my smoker, full of 70 pounds of pork, to go move boxes of toys from the Store to our gym for the toy sale. It was supposed to have been done Wednesday night, but there was a communication breakdown. It all turned out fine. We had several good volunteers that worked really hard for 2 hours.

When I got back home, my "low and slow" smoking effort had gone too low and too slow, but I was able to revive it all and move it forward. It did delay the end time, but as I was pulling it, sampling as I went, I couldn't tell that it affected the taste. I never eat supper on smoke days. I just pull and eat as I go. Yum, yum. It's a good thing I run, or Santa and I might have a similar problem.

Speaking of running, you say you want to know what the scoreboard says? OK, if you insist.

Run so far: 1367.82    Needed to reach 1500: 132.18    Day left in the year: 32

I had a nice early evening run with Tim S. and Bill D. Ryan R. ran into us for the last mile or so. We had a good conversation about lots of things, as usual.

Today is another smoke day. Wow, 70 more pounds to place on the smoker, like right now. The fire is going and ready. While smoking, I have a sermon to finish, along with all the things that go along with it: slides, discussion guide, and notes for listeners.

Time to go put some meat on! Thanks for stopping by. If you want a good pulled pork sandwich tomorrow, then show up at our gym. We're selling it by the pound also.

No comments: