Friday, November 02, 2012

Friday a.m.

Good morning! My friend Jimmy was all registered and ready to run the New York City Marathon, but then Sandy came along and flooded him and everyone else with doubts. Then the Mayor of New York suprisingly said, "It's on!" Jimmy still couldn't decide, unsure whether he could even get there. He thought about a triathlon in the Cayman, which would have been slightly cheaper, but in the end he ended up in New York. And if you know Jimmy, then you are not at all surprised by this picture. It will be interesting to see who else he runs into and runs with on Sunday and before. Something tells me that Steven Tyler is not running the marathon.
 
I had a good day with Pat yesterday. His treatment seemed to go well, and I got a lot done while they were working with him. It was a good day. I got back in time to be interviewed by an accrediting agency for our school. That was an interesting and pleasant experience. It was a group interview with other folks from town, so it was a pleasant surprise to see some good people I know.
 
Lester and Maddie came over for dinner last night. Lester and I talked about tomorrow's marathon. He's hoping to run around 3:15, and I am hoping to run (ha ha). The weather is going to be good for marathon running. Most of the run will be in the mid to upper 30s. Some like it a little warmer, but I find those temps to be very good.
 
I have several things to do this morning, and I hope to relax a little this afternoon. After Kedra gets home from school, we will take off for Indy. We have a hotel just a couple of blocks from the start line. That will be really nice.
 
Have a great Friday and a great weekend!

No comments: